What is development? And what does it take to make development
sustainable? How can we measure and compare levels of development for
different countries? The author of Beyond Economic Growth
challenges readers to find their own answers to these complex questions
by analyzing and synthesizing information on a range of critical and
interrelated development issues: population growth, economic growth,
equity, poverty, hunger, education, health, industrialization,
privatization, trade, foreign investment, international aid, climate
change, the Millennium Development Goals, and more.
- Why is world population growing faster than ever before?
- Will poor country economies catch up with the rich?
- Can poor countries break the vicious circle of poverty and
- How does a country?s economic position affect its education
- How are health risks changing in different parts of the world?
- Will the North-South cooperation help prevent global climate
- How does government corruption influence national development?
The book, which draws on recent World Bank data, is written for
young people, teachers, students, and others interested in learning
more about global development.
This completely revised and expanded second edition of Beyond
Economic Growth includes new sections on:
- global hunger
- international migration,
- government corruption, and
- the Millennium Development Goals.
- Shipping Weight: 1.52 lbs (0.69 kgs)
Customers who bought this title also purchased...